Born in Guatemala, Guatemala 1973. Currently lives and work in Los Angeles, California, USA.
GROUP & SOLO EXHIBITIONS
- "Númina Femenina", Mexican Consulate, Oct 13- Dec 13, 2011. Curated by Ana Labastida and Frida Cano. LINK
- "Muestra Internacional de Cine Realizado por Mujeres", Screening at Centro de Historia, Zaragoza, Spain, March 13- 21st. Organized by Fanny Guerineau from Seminario Interdisciplinario de Estudios de la Mujer (SIEM), Universidad de Zaragoza,
- "Wonder & Vital", Video exhibition Organized by Femlink, May, 2010 Paris, France. LINK
- "Femmeusesaction #19" Vivat (Armentières), Paris France, January 28—February 04. Curated by Coreographer Cécile Proust.
- Feminist Art-Action" Panorama of the feminist video-performance contemporary Latin-American, Oblo Cinema Laussane, Switzerland. November 18-19, 2009.LINK
- "Elles" Art Action Feministe, Centro Pompidou, Paris, France. June 17, 2009.LINK
- "Performar" Dominican Republic, April 20th 2009.LINK
- "Performing Localities" Recent Guatemalan Performance Art on Video,Tuesday 5 May 2009, Royal College of Art in collaboration with INIVA at Rivington Place. Supported by the Monique Beudert Fund.LINK
- "Persona que tiene Alma" muestra intinerante, Patagonia, Argentina. March 20, 2009. LINK
- "Solo Mujeres" Mission Cultural Center for Latino Arts, San Francisco. February 20, 2009.
- "Mi Urano Destino" Traveling pop Art Exhibition,Centro Cultural de Espana Guatemala,Guatemala.January 24, 2009.
- "MIRANDO AL SUR" Traveling art show,countries on display: Guatemala, Costa Rica, Miami, from Dec.12.2008 to Jan.6.2009.
- "EXONOME Mexican Consulate, San Francisco, CA. Nov. 18, 2008.
- "The Environmental Paradigm, Mina Dresden Gallery, San Francisco, CA. August 1 2008. Curated by Cecilia Nuin. LINK
- 16 Bienal de Arte Paiz, Guatemala City, Guatemala, July 5-20. Artistic Director: Nelson Herrera Ysla. Curators: Miguel Flores Castellanos, Rosina Cazali, Victor Martinez, Guillermo Monsanto, and Valia Garzon.LINK
- "Horror vacui, Primera muestra de performance y accionismo, Centro de Formacion de la Cooperacion Espanola, La Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala, June 7,08. Curated by Rosina Cazali.LINK
- "Memento Mori", F.U.E.L Collection April 4-19, Philadelphia, PA. LINK
- What Does a Woman Want?, Proyecto X, San Francisco, California, March 7-9. Curated by Cecilia Nuin.
- "Le peuple qui manque", Paris France. LINK
- "PHOTOQUAI" Theatre Claude Levi-Strauss, Paris, France. LINK
- "III ENCUENTRO DE ARTE CORPORAL" Instituto de las artes la imagen y el espacio, Caracas,Venezuela.
- July 2007 "T'WHAT?",Photo Biennale, Louisville Kentuky. LINK
- January 2007 "ART FOR ART'S SHAKE", La contaminazione dello spazio, Bologna, Italy. LINK
- December 2006 "TRAFICOS", Estrecho Dudoso,Teoretica, San Jose, Costa Rica. Curated by Tamara Diaz y Virginia Perez Raton. LINK
- "CIELO ALREVES" Caída Libre, Centro Cultural de España, Guatemala,Guatemala. Curated by Rosina Cazali, Luis Gonzalez Palma, Emiliano Valdes.
- Online Exhibition: IMAGINING OURSELVES: Global Voices from a New Generation of Woman. April: money, IMAGINING OURSELVES: "Untitled Women" LINK
- "real pARTy 06"; Real Art Ways, Hartford, Connecticut. April 8. LINK
- Online Exhibition: IMAGINING OURSELVES: Global Voices from a New Generation of Woman. LINK
- "Naderias", Teoretica, a public intervention project.San Jose, Costa Rica. Curated by Tamara Diaz.
- "ARMI DELLA PROSSIMITA. Tra performance e arti visive"; NABA, Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti di Milano. Milano, Italy. Curated by Lorenza Pignatti.
- "Contemporary Latin American Art Group Show", NYC, NY. Curated by Risa Needleman Gallery. LINK
- "MIGRACIONES", BORDERLINE, Cultura HispÃ¡nica / Centro Cultural de EspaÃ±a, Guatemala,Guatemala. Curated by Rosina Cazali.
- "IV CARIBBEAN BIENNIAL", Santo Domingo, RepÃºblica Dominicana. Guatemalan participation. Curated by Rosina Cazali.
- "SUYO AJENO/ AJENO SUYO", Ex-Teresa Arte Actual,MÃ©xico, city. Curated by Guillermo Santa Marina.
- "EN NOMBRE DE LA OBRA"; Young Creators Bancafe, Guatemala, Guatemala. Curated by Rosina Cazali.
- "OCTUBRE AZUL" "AMBROSIA", Park of The Sacrarium, Guatemala, Guatemala. Curated by Rosina Cazali.
- "TRIPIARTE", "SIMBIOSIS INTERUMPIDA", Post building, Guatemala, Guatemala.
- "BOCETOS PRIMERAS IMPRESIONES" (Sketch exhibit First Impressions) Museum of Modern Art, Guatemala, Guatemala. Curated by COLLOQUIA.
- "Myrna Mack", First place on the Poster Contest, Guatemala, 2006.
- "Cielo Alreves", Centro Cultural de España, Guatemala, 2006.
- "Jovenes Creadores Bancafe", Guatemala, Guatemala, 2000.
ARTIST TALKS/ PARTICIPATIONS
- California State University Northridge, Artist Talk @ the Central American Studies, May 8th, 2012.
- "Public Art", Central American Art Week, Sponsored by California State University Northridge, Central American Studies, Liberal Studies program, Chicano Studies Department, CAUSA.
April 28, 2009.
- "Resolution 3" LACE(Los Angeles Contemporary Exhibitions), Los Angeles, CA. October 25 & 26, 2008. A conversation with Alex Villar(NY) Narrowcast: Reframing Global Video 1986/2008. Resolution 3 is co-directed by Pitzer College Associate Professor of Media Studies Ming-Yuen S. Ma and LACE Executive Director Carol Stakenas. LINK
- "Marina Triste Borracha" August 30, 2008, PresentaciÃ³n del disco PR
- "TRANSITORY PUBLICO/PUBLIC TRANSITORIO", Political art that is refreshingly amoral, Sponsored by UCLA's Latin American Institute Center fo the study of women, chicano studies research center art. Artist Presentation, From the Visible to the Invisible, LACE, Hollywood, CA. 2007. LINK
- "Performance Art Inmigration Festival", Artist Presentation, Central American Studies Program, California State University, Northridge. 2006.
- "Women without Borders", A conference by and for Central American Women, Speaker, Sin Fronteras and Casas(Central American Studies Alumni Society) Northridge, CA, 2006.
View Related Bibliography